The Edge Rehab
- Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Phone Number:
+66 52 080 711
- Setting: Countryside, Mountain, Tropical
- Treatment Philosophy and Options: Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Evidence-Based, Family Program, Gender-Specific, Group Therapy, Holistic, Individual Treatment, On-Site Detox, One to One, Outpatient Option, Personalized Treatment, Twelve Step, Wellness
- Price: Starting at $14,000 USD
- Length: 28 days, extended programme options
- Visit Website
The Edge is a premium residential rehab facility in Chiang Mai, Thailand that specialises in treating addiction and behavioural issues in young men.
Addiction affects young men more than any other group. The risk of developing an addiction is exceptionally high during young adulthood – in fact, most addictions are formed during these years. The good news is that young men are at a prime and pivotal stage at which treatment can be most effective. Designed specifically for men aged 18-28, The Edge’s highly successful addiction treatment programme emphasises intensive physical activity, using Muay Thai boxing, triathlon training and wilderness adventure as cornerstones of our treatment method.
Muay Thai BoxingMuay Thai boxing is Thailand’s ancient tradition of self-defence. In combination with other therapeutic tools, it can be a highly effective treatment for young men struggling with addiction. Edge participants level up through a series of tests as they progress in their training, and apply the lessons they learn and challenges they overcome directly to their recovery process.
Triathlon TrainingIntensive physical activity encourages positive brain change, making it a highly complementary practice in addiction treatment. Our trainers are experienced athletes who pay special attention to each participant’s individualised fitness plan. Its stunning location, favourable climate and forested mountain roads make Chiang Mai is a world-class cycling destination. Upon graduation, participants may compete in a triathlon in Thailand.
Wilderness ExcursionsSober Living We offer extended, stepped-down programme options that allow participants to continue their training and become a part of our team, contributing to the community and helping other young men hone their athletic skills and boost their personal development.
Trauma and AddictionOver half of those who seek treatment for addiction find that they also suffer from underlying trauma or PTSD. Modern addiction treatment research tells us that this is best treated by addressing both co-occurring disorders simultaneously. The highly experienced team at The Edge is equipped to do just that, with specialised trauma therapies including EMDR, trauma-informed CBT and trauma release exercise.
Family ProgrammeAddiction is a family disease, and treatment is proven to work better with family involvement. Our unique family programme invites participants’ families to stay with us for three days, during which they enhance their understanding of addiction, attend therapy with their loved ones and form lasting, supportive relationships with other parents of addicts.
- Adolescent Rehab Alcohol AddictionAlcohol RecoveryAlcoholism TreatmentAnger ManagementBipolarCocaine AddictionCodependencyDepressionDrug AddictionDual DisordersEating DisordersEcstasy AddictionGambling AddictionGaming AddictionHeroin AddictionIce RehabilitationLSD AddictionMarijuana AddictionMDMA AddictionMen OnlyMeth AddictionOpioid DependencePrescription Drug AddictionPrivate RehabPsychostimulant AddictionSex AddictionSpending AddictionSubstance AbuseTrauma Treatment